Policies & Procedures
KIDSENSE THERAPY GROUP, LLC CLIENT POLICIES & PROCEDURES
In order to reduce confusion and misunderstanding between our clients and KidSense Therapy Group LLC., we have adopted the following policies. If you have any questions regarding the policies, please discuss them with the owners, Jennifer Bosma or Amanda Griffith. We are dedicated to providing the best possible care as well as service to your family. We regard your complete understanding of your responsibilities as an essential element of the care and treatment of your child.
- KidSense may verify the client's benefits as a courtesy. Quoted benefits are not a guarantee of benefits, the client is ultimately responsible for verifying their own insurance benefits.
- If applicable, KidSense will submit insurance claims to the primary insurance company on the client's behalf. Client’s are responsible for submitting claims to their insurance company in regards to their out of network benefits.
- Not all services provided by KidSense are covered by insurance. Meetings, consultations, additional reports, paperwork and absences (that do not conform to our cancellation policy) are not covered services and will not be billed to private insurers.
- Insurance can take 2-4 weeks to process. Once KidSense has received an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company you will be sent an invoice for the remaining balance due.
- Payment is expected within 30 days of the invoice date. After 30 days the client's credit card on file will be billed for any remaining balance.
- Please note that co-payment is due at the time of service.
- We currently accept cash, check, and all major credit cards. There will be a $35 service fee for all returned checks.
- Bills that remain unpaid for one month from the statement date will be subject to an additional 1% charge each month on the unpaid balance. Services will be suspended if there are unpaid invoices past two months without any communication to us regarding your balance, and these invoices will be forwarded to an outside collection agency.
- The client is ultimately responsible for all charges of rendered services.
Duration of Services
- Individual and group therapy sessions typically run 60 minutes in length. Therapists provide treatment with their clients for 50 minutes, and the last 10 minutes of the session with parents/caregivers for consultation and training. Parent/caregiver wrap-up is essential and expected for teaching the family concepts, vocabulary, newly learned skills, and how to help generalize these skills. Parents/caregivers play a vital role in the success of their child.
Drop Off/Pick Up Times
- Parents/caregivers must be prompt in picking up their child, 10 minutes before the therapy session ends.
- Clients and siblings should remain in the waiting room until greeted by a therapist. Please do not ask our therapists or receptionist to watch your child.
- During therapy, parents are welcome to wait in the waiting room or run errands.
A therapy session will not be extended for a client that is late. If you arrive late, you will be billed for the session you are scheduled for, as we have other clients and groups scheduled throughout the morning, afternoon, and evening.
If you feel your child is agitated or becomes easily agitated, please remain in the waiting room area or stay close to KidSense. We expect siblings to maintain appropriate behavior in the waiting room area and to be supervised at all times. If you do leave KidSense during your child's session, please make sure we have your cell phone number in case we need to call you. We provide toys in the waiting area and ask that you help keep the area clean and clutter free by returning items used to where they belong. If you need to take or make a lengthy call on your phone we ask that you step outside in consideration of others in the waiting area.
When you schedule an evaluation for your child, you will receive a packet of materials which includes an Allergy Alert form to fill out. This form is kept in the child's file. It is crucial for every child to have this form filled out, even if your child has no allergies. If there are food preferences or diet restrictions, please make sure this is noted on the form. If you have not filled out this form or need to make changes please do so as soon as possible. We have a list of clients and their allergies posted inside the clinic so all therapists can be vigilant of client’s allergies.
- KidSense will keep all personal, medical, and insurance information confidential. Client information will only be released upon receipt of a signed Release of Information form (which is also in the initial packet). Consent for a release of information may be withdrawn by the client at anytime with a written notice signed by the client's parent/guardian.
- KidSense will not discuss a child's diagnosis, session, progress, and behavior with the client's tutors, friends, or nannies without the parent's written consent.
- We may communicate with clients’ caregivers, parents, or other therapists via email, phone, and mail.
KidSense is an educational facility. We support educational opportunities for the community and graduate students. Your child’s clinician may supervise a graduate student who will be involved in assessing and/or treating your child. If your child is being treated by a graduate student, a therapist will always be present to supervise/observe.
Changes with Information
If there are changes to your insurance, address, phone number or email, please let our staff know. We will update your file immediately. Additionally, if there are any medical changes/updates (i.e., medication, new doctor/therapist, surgery, etc.) with your child please inform your child’s therapist so they can be aware and make any accommodations if necessary.