Policies & Procedures
- KidSense may verify the client's benefits as a courtesy. Quoted benefits are not a guarantee of benefits, and the client is ultimately responsible for verifying their insurance benefits.
- If applicable, KidSense will submit insurance claims to the primary insurance company on the client's behalf. Policyholders are responsible for submitting claims to their insurance company in regards to their Out-of-Network benefits.
- Not all services provided by KidSense are covered by insurance. Meetings, consultations, additional reports, paperwork and absences (that do not conform to our cancellation policy) are not covered services and will not be billed to private insurers.
- Insurance can take 2-4 weeks to process. Once KidSense has received an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your insurance company, you will be sent an invoice for any remaining balance due.
- Payment is expected within 30 days of the invoice date. After 30 days the client's credit card on file will be billed for any remaining balance.
- Please note that the co-payment is due at the time of service. Deductibles and coinsurance will be requested at the time of service.
- We currently accept cash, check, and all major credit cards. There will be a $35 service fee for all returned checks.
- Services will be suspended if there are unpaid invoices past three months without any communication to us regarding your balance. Additionally, bills that remain unpaid following three invoices will be forwarded to an outside collection agency.
- The client is ultimately responsible for all charges of rendered services.
Duration of Services
- Individual and group therapy sessions typically run 60 minutes in length. Therapists provide direct treatment with their clients for 50 minutes and will use the last 10 minutes of the session for consultation and training with parents/caregivers. This wrap-up is an essential piece of our therapeutic intervention for teaching each family concepts, vocabulary, newly learned skills, and how to help generalize these skills. Parents/caregivers play a vital role in the success of their children.
Drop Off/Pick Up Times
- Parents/caregivers must be prompt in picking up their child 10 minutes before the therapy session ends.
- Clients and siblings should remain in the waiting room until greeted by a therapist. Please do not ask our therapists or receptionist to watch your child.
- During the therapy session, parents are welcome to relax in the waiting room, run errands, or grab a cup of coffee..
A therapy session will not be extended for a client that is late, as we have other clients and groups scheduled throughout the morning, afternoon, and evening.
We expect siblings to maintain appropriate behavior in the waiting room area and to be supervised at all times. If you do leave KidSense during your child's session, please make sure we have your cell phone number in case we need to call you. We provide toys in the waiting area and ask that you help keep the area clean and clutter-free by returning items to where they belong.
When you complete our online New Client Intake Form, you will be prompted to download and complete a series of forms including an ‘Allergy Alert’ form (also available for download here). This form will be kept in the child's file. It is crucial for every child to have this form filled out, even if your child has no allergies. If there are food preferences or diet restrictions, please make sure this is noted on this form. If you have changes to make, please do so and give it to the front desk as soon as possible. We have a list of clients and their allergies posted inside the clinic, therefore all therapists can be vigilant of client’s allergies.
- KidSense will keep all personal, medical, and insurance information confidential. Client information will only be released upon receipt of a signed Release of Information form (which is also in the initial packet). Consent for a release of information may be withdrawn by the client at any time with a written notice signed by the client's parent/guardian.
- KidSense will not discuss a child's diagnosis, session, progress, and behavior with the client's tutors, friends, or nannies without the parent's written consent.
- We may communicate with clients’ caregivers, parents, or other therapists via email, phone, and mail.
KidSense is an educational facility. We support educational opportunities for the community and graduate students. Your child’s clinician may supervise a graduate student who will be involved in assessing and/or treating your child. If your child is being treated by a graduate student, a therapist will always be present to supervise/observe.
Changes with Information
If there are changes to your insurance, address, phone number or email, please let our staff know immediately so that your child’s file can be updated. Additionally, if there are any medical changes/updates (i.e., seizure disorder medication, new doctor/therapist, surgery, etc.) with your child please inform your child’s therapist so they can be aware and make any accommodations if necessary.
Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to working together!